Wilson Worley has experienced lawyers and support staff who provide service on a daily basis to clients in all types of residential and commercial real estate transactions. We have a reputation for making difficult ventures work–quickly and efficiently. Our attorneys have been involved in many of Kingsport’s shopping center and other commercial developments for the past fifty-six (56) years. Additionally, our attorneys have been extensively involved in all types of residential development, including single family subdivisions, multi-unit apartment projects, patio or villa housing, condominiums, and planned unit developments. Our clients include buyers and sellers, borrowers and lenders, developers and managers, landlords and tenants. A large portion of our real estate practice is counseling, and in documenting transactions in such way as to avoid disputes; but Wilson Worley also has experienced attorneys who are skilled in litigating disputes when they occur.
Among the real estate transactions for which Wilson Worley provides counseling, documentation and dispute resolution are:
- agreements for sale, purchase and assemblage of land;
- development and construction contracts;
- lending agreements, and lien documents such as deeds of trust, assignments of leases, chattel liens, and financing statements;
- title examinations, opinions, and title insurance (as agent for several title insurance companies writing owners and mortgagee policies for up to multi-million dollars of coverage);
- liens for construction labor and material–representing owners, contractors, material suppliers, sub-contractors, and lending institutions, in establishing or defending lien claims and the priority thereof;
- partitioning land;
- representing secured creditors in collections, foreclosures, and bankruptcy;
- governmental and regulatory matters such as planning, zoning, permits, etc.;
- documentation for commercial condominiums;
- representing public authorities in re-development programs;
- representing housing authorities in HOPE VI Projects for acquisition, demolition and reconstruction of multi-parcels of property.
- section 1031 tax deferred exchanges.
In its varied real estate activities, Wilson Worley has created extensive forms, some quite complex and innovative, for documenting a great variety of transactions. This prior experience and collection of forms enables us to approach new situations with a head start toward providing solutions for new transactions. And, our attorneys are experienced in working cooperatively with clients in applying their collective knowledge to accomplish the new goals.