Wilson Worley helps employers with the full range of workplace issues. We work with our clients to ensure compliance with federal and state labor laws, and to minimize disputes with their employees. We help them to avoid litigation, but are ready to defend employers in individual or class actions when litigation cannot be avoided. We have represented both public and private employers, including county governments, city and county agencies, manufacturers, technology companies, healthcare providers, service companies and small businesses of all types.
Our attorneys provide a broad range of services, including the following:
- Drafting human resource policies and procedures, including handbooks and dispute resolution programs, and management training programs.
- Counseling concerning compliance with federal and state laws, including Title VII, ADA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, NLRA, THRA, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assistance in compliance-related investigations.
- Defense of claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, civil rights violations, affirmative action violations, discipline and discharge challenges, and other workplace claims against employers, in state and federal courts and before arbitral forums.
- Assistance in labor/management relations, including the arbitration of collective bargaining agreement disputes.
- Drafting contracts, equity and deferred compensation agreements, non-compete and confidentiality agreements and severance agreements for terminating employees.
- Assistance in preparing retirement and employee benefit plans, including ERISA ramifications.
The members of our employment section diligently continue their education through seminars and other instruction in subjects such as current labor and employment developments, employment litigation techniques, trends in labor union recognition campaigns, and alternate dispute resolution in employment matters.