Wilson Worley represents some of our region’s largest and most successful hospitals, health system and physician groups. Our practice of law mirrors the objectives of the practice of medicine in that prevention of problems is the “best medicine;” and we work closely with our clients to avoid or minimize legal difficulties.
Our experience in health law practice includes, among other things, the following:
- Practice group formation;
- Buy-out agreements;
- Acquisition, sale and merger of health care practices;
- Acquisition and sale of health care real estate;
- Preparing and reviewing employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, exclusive provider agreements and non-compete agreements;
- Health care labor and employment matters;
- Counseling on statutory and regulatory issues such as fraud and abuse, Stark law, anti-kickback, HIPAA and the Healthcare Decision-Making Act;
- Defense of medical negligence claims;
- Representation of health care providers in professional licensure and provider exclusion proceedings;
- Representation of healthcare providers in contract and business disputes;
- Review of vendor and supplier contracts;
- Certificates of need;
- Health care joint venture formation;
- Dispute resolution by negotiation, mediation or arbitration;
- Medical staff by-laws, credentialing, peer review matters;
- Long-term care facility issues;
- Hospital and health system issues.
The attorneys in our Health Law Section work diligently to update and improve their knowledge and skills by attending relevant seminars, reading relevant publications, and interacting with other professionals in the field of health care law. Our attorneys are also available to contribute their knowledge to educational discussions, seminars and meetings.