Mr. Pickard practices in the areas of real estate acquisition and financing, and creditors’ rights. He has substantial experience in the law applicable to credit unions, having regularly advised one of Tennessee’s largest credit unions for over 25 years. His experience also encompasses mechanics’ and materialmen’s liens, commercial lending transactions, and other secured transactions. Mr. Pickard is AV-rated in Martindale-Hubbell, the hightest rating awarded by this most widely used directory of lawyers.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Tau Beta Pi
- Taught a class in banking loans sponsored by the American Bankers Association
- Served as an advisory board member for the paralegal program at Virginia Intermont College for several years.
- Kingsport Public Library, Commissioner
- Mountain Region Speech and Hearing Center, past member and Vice President
- Kiwanis Club, past member and board member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, past member and Secretary
- Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservatory, past member
- Kingsport Jaycees, past member and board member
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Kingsport Bar Association