Melanie Lamb focuses her practice in the areas of real estate, business transactions, creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, labor and employment, and estate planning and administration.
Ms. Lamb assists individuals and lenders in various transactions, including commercial loans, options, purchase and sale agreements, and leases. She also represents real estate developers in residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects. Ms. Lamb has advised many clients in the formation of business entities and in asset purchase transactions.She is also available to assist employers with employment agreements and employee handbooks and to counsel employers on a variety of employment matters. Ms. Lamb also provides estate planning services to individuals with estates of varying sizes.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Lamb worked in the legal department of a Fortune 500 company. While at the University of Tennessee College of Law, Ms. Lamb represented small businesses and nonprofits in the UT College of Law’s Business Law Clinic.
Ms. Lamb is a native of the Tri-Cities area and returned here to practice law in 2008. She lives in the Watauga Street Historic District in Kingsport with her husband Greg and their cat and Boston Terrier.
- Representation of real estate developers in development of residential, commercial and mixed-use projects, including condominium and planned unit developments
- Representation of various financial institutions in commercial loans, residential and commercial foreclosures and creditors’ rights in bankruptcy
- Represented lender in multi-million dollar commercial loan secured by real estate in four Virginia counties
- Assisted in representation of public housing authority in HOPE VI project
Professional Activities & Honors
- Leadership Kingsport 2013
- James M. Welch Memorial Award Outstanding Jaycee of the Year 2010
Publications & Presentations
- Presentation for local credit union on the role of the closing agent and title insurance at a Home Building Seminar for credit union members, September 20, 2011.
- Presentation for local bank on “Understanding Bankruptcy,” March 11, 2011.
- Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation for Tennessee Employers, American Chamber of Commerce Resources, LLC (Andrew T. Wampler, Editor, 2010 ed.); authored section on unemployment compensation.
- Presentation for local employers on unemployment compensation, terminations and layoffs, and document retention and file management, 2009.
- Uniform Commercial Code Requires the Sending of But Not Necessarily the Receipt of Notification Prior to Disposition of Collateral, 9 Transactions: Tenn. J. Bus. L. 468 (2008).
- Kingsport Jaycess, President 2011-Present
- Tennessee Jaycees, Legal Counsel and Member of the Executive Committee 2011-Present
- Contact-Concern of Northeast Tennessee, Inc., Board Member 2010-Present
- Meals on Wheels Volunteer 2012-Present
- Fun Fest Volunteer Liaison 2012
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Kingsport Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association