Chair of the Executive Committee
Andy Wampler grew up in the Tri-Cities. His practice includes business advising, healthcare, employment, business and commercial litigation, and class actions. He has been involved in the litigation as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants. He practices in the state and federal courts throughout East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. Mr. Wampler negotiates contracts and works with business formation and organization. He serves several groups as counselor and volunteer. Mr. Wampler has written and spoken on legal topics, with his work cited by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and used by Met Life for training, among others. He has taught college literature and composition classes and presented at local, regional, and national conferences. He lives in Kingsport with his wife Jenny and their three children.
- In-House counsel for Wellmont Health System
- General Counsel for Johnson City Housing Authority
- Local counsel in federal multi-district dairy class action
- Negotiated new agreement for national telecommunications company in utility suit
- Represented company when franchisor attempted to revoke franchise
- Obtained dismissal of multiple healthcare liability actions
- Obtained dismissal for regional radio corporation for alleged APA breach
- Obtained dismissal for housing manufacturer in products liability action
- Obtained dismissal of federal discrimination suit against school
- Local counsel for Visa in class action suit
- Local counsel in multi-state class action alleging trade practices violations
- Prepared employment and real estate agreements for regional company
- Kingsport Area Chamber of Commerce, Board Chair
- Tenn. Bd. of Law Examiners, Assistant Law Examiner
- Tenn. Bd. of Prof. Resp., Hearing Officer
- Tenn. Bar Assoc. (Health Care & Employment)
- Tenn. Bar Assoc. Leadership Law, 2009
- American Bar Assoc. (Health Law Section)
- Virginia State Bar
- Kingsport Bar Assoc., President 2012-2013
- Tenn. Bar Assoc. 4ALL Service Program
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Attorneys for Justice, Tennessee Supreme Court, 2014
- Leaders in Christian Service, Milligan College, 2014
- Distinguished Leader Award, Community Leadership Association, 2013
- Martindale Client Distinction Award, 2013
- Rising Stars, Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Top Attorneys in Tennessee, ALM, Memphis Magazine 2012
- Legal Aid 50-50
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Frank K. Moore Key Person Award
- 40 Under Forty, Tri-Cities Business Journal, 2006
- Leadership Kpt., 2004
- Who’s Who South & SW
- Kingsport Tomorrow, Chair 2015
- Covenant Counseling Center, Incorporator
- Providence Medical Clinic Executive Committee
- Boys and Girls Club, President 2009, 2010
- Small Miracles President 2010-2015
- Rotary Sunrise, President 2011-2012
- Kingsport Jaycees, President 2007, 2010
- United Way, Executive Committee
- LINK Council, Chair 2011
- FunFest Council
- First Baptist Church, Chair Endowment, Legal Committee.
- Author of blog: What Works at Work
- Approaching Compliance, Lessons from the Field:
- Leading Corporate Lawyers Share Case Studies & Best Practices
- Editor, Tenn. Human Resources Manual
- General Editor, Unemployment Comp. and Workers’ Comp. for Tenn. Employers
- Ethics and Mgmt. of E-Discovery, TENN. B.J
- Preventing Computer Malpractice, TENN. B.J.
- To Be or Not To Be: Deciding Surrogate Issues, MEM. L. REV.
- Digital Discovery TENN. B.J.
- Forum Shopping in Tenn.: Indirect Purchaser Class Actions
- Timely Answer After Denial of a Rule 12 Motion, TENN. B.J.
- Fly in the Buttermilk: Tennessee’s Desire to Dispense with Common Sense, TENN. L. REV.
- Co-Author, Skimming Trout from Milk: Circumstantial Evid. to Prove Prod. Defects, TENN. L. REV.
- NBI Trial Practice Seminar
- Fair Housing, TAHRA
- Healthcare Law, UT Law School
- Defending Depositions, Tenn. Bar Assoc.
- Deposition Practice, Courthouse Square
- Personnel Policies & Legal Responsibilities, NE State
- Other Topics: Background Checks; Document Retention; E-discovery Ethics; Electronic Issues for HR; Harassment; Investigations; Employment Update; HR Primer; Federal Discovery; Electronic Workplace; Restrictive Covenants; and Trade Secrets